McCrackin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the McCrackin family
The surname McCrackin was first found in Wigtown (Gaelic: Siorrachd Bhaile na h-Uige), formerly a county in southwestern Scotland, now part of the Council Area of Dumfries and Galloway, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Early History of the McCrackin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McCrackin research. Another 77 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1526 and 1536 are included under the topic Early McCrackin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McCrackin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: MacCracken, MacCrachen, MacCrackan, MacCrackin and others.
Early Notables of the McCrackin family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early McCrackin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the McCrackin family to Ireland
Some of the McCrackin family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 100 words (7 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McCrackin migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McCrackin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George McCrackin, who arrived in America in 1803 
- William McCrackin, who landed in New York in 1850 
Contemporary Notables of the name McCrackin (post 1700) +
- Tom McCrackin, American cameraman, known for his work on Madonna: Truth or Dare (1991) and Jimmy Buffett: Live at Wrigley Field-The Labor Day Weekend Shows (2006)
- Joe McCrackin (1959-2004), American actor, known for his work on Sling Blade (1996), Primary Colors (1998) and Daddy and Them (2001)
- Jackson McCrackin, American co-discoverer of The McCrackin Mine, Wikieup, Arizona
- Daisy McCrackin (b. 1981), American actress and singer-songwriter, best known for her role in Halloween: Resurrection (2002) and Love and Suicide (2005)
- Maurice McCrackin (1905-1997), American civil rights and peace activist, tax resister and Presbyterian minister
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)