McClurkin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the McClurkin family
The surname McClurkin was first found in on the island of Islay, in the Hebredean group where they held a family seat in this wild and romantic highland territory. Their territories were first located in Nerebie and they became associated as a sept of the MacLean Clan. Allegiances were important in this terrain. The Hebridean Islands were a refuge from Government intrusion. By the 17th century they were also found on the mainland.
Early History of the McClurkin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McClurkin research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1675 is included under the topic Early McClurkin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McClurkin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: MacLurgan, MacLerkin, McLurkin, McClurkin, McGlurgin, McLurgen, McLerkin, McLercan, McLurcan, McLergan and many more.
Early Notables of the McClurkin family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early McClurkin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McClurkin migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Thomas McClurkin, who settled in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1773
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James McClurkin, who arrived in New York, NY in 1823
- Samuel McClurkin, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1829
- Charles McClurkin, who settled in Philadelphia in 1868
- Matthew McClurkin, who arrived in Kansas sometime between 1885 and 1979
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- F.K. McClurkin, aged 65, who settled in America, in 1906
- Mary McClurkin, aged 52, who immigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Sarah Hoey McClurkin, aged 26, who landed in America from Ardrossan, Scotland, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name McClurkin (post 1700) +
- Donald Andrew "Donnie" McClurkin Jr. (b. 1959), American contemporary Gospel recording artist, winner of three-time Grammy winner, ten Stellar awards, two BET awards and two Soul Train awards
Related Stories +