on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish McClurkin family come from? What is the Scottish McClurkin family crest and coat of arms? When did the McClurkin family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the McClurkin family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: MacLurgan, MacLerkin, McLurkin, McClurkin, McGlurgin, McLurgen, McLerkin, McLercan, McLurcan, McLergan and many more.
First found in on the island of Islay, in the Hebredean group where they held a family seat in this wild and romantic highland territory. Their territories were first located in Nerebie and they became associated as a sept of the MacLean Clan. Allegiances were important in this terrain. The Hebridean Islands were a refuge from Government intrusion. By the 17th century they were also found on the mainland.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McClurkin research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the year 1675 is included under the topic Early McClurkin History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early McClurkin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Thomas McClurkin, who settled in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1773
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James McClurkin, who arrived in New York, NY in 1823
- Samuel McClurkin, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1829
- Charles McClurkin, who came to Philadelphia in 1868
- Matthew McClurkin, who arrived in Kansas sometime between 1885 and 1979
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- F.K. McClurkin, aged 65, who settled in America, in 1906
- Mary McClurkin, aged 52, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Sarah Hoey McClurkin, aged 26, who landed in America from Ardrossan, Scotland, in 1922
- Donald Andrew "Donnie" McClurkin Jr. (b. 1959), American contemporary Gospel recording artist, winner of three-time Grammy winner, ten Stellar awards, two BET awards and two Soul Train awards
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Scots Kith and Kin And Illustrated Map Revised 2nd Edition. Edinburgh: Clan House/Albyn. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry Including American Families with British Ancestry 2 Volumes. London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Scots Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Mordern Application of the Art and Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Urquhart, Blair Edition. Tartans The New Compact Study Guide and Identifier. Secauccus, NJ: Chartwell Books, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0-7858-0050-6).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The McClurkin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The McClurkin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 October 2011 at 08:52.
on orders of $85 or more