on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish McClurkin family come from? What is the Scottish McClurkin family crest and coat of arms? When did the McClurkin family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the McClurkin family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: MacLurgan, MacLerkin, McLurkin, McClurkin, McGlurgin, McLurgen, McLerkin, McLercan, McLurcan, McLergan and many more.
First found in on the island of Islay, in the Hebredean group where they held a family seat in this wild and romantic highland territory. Their territories were first located in Nerebie and they became associated as a sept of the MacLean Clan. Allegiances were important in this terrain. The Hebridean Islands were a refuge from Government intrusion. By the 17th century they were also found on the mainland.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McClurkin research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the year 1675 is included under the topic Early McClurkin History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early McClurkin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Thomas McClurkin, who settled in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1773
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James McClurkin, who arrived in New York, NY in 1823
- Samuel McClurkin, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1829
- Charles McClurkin, who came to Philadelphia in 1868
- Matthew McClurkin, who arrived in Kansas sometime between 1885 and 1979
McClurkin Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- F.K. McClurkin, aged 65, who settled in America, in 1906
- Mary McClurkin, aged 52, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Sarah Hoey McClurkin, aged 26, who landed in America from Ardrossan, Scotland, in 1922
- Donald Andrew "Donnie" McClurkin Jr. (b. 1959), American contemporary Gospel recording artist, winner of three-time Grammy winner, ten Stellar awards, two BET awards and two Soul Train awards
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and David Hicks. The Highland Clans The Dynastic Origins, Cheifs and Background of the Clans. New York: C.N. Potter, 1968. Print.
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. The Charters of David I The Written Acts of David I King of Scots, 1124-53 and of His Son Henry, Earl of Northumerland, 1139-52. Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 1999. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Fairbairn,. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Donaldson, Gordon and Robert S. Morpeth. Who's Who In Scotish History. Wales: Welsh Academic Press, 1996. Print. (ISBN 186057-0054).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Skene, William Forbes Edition. Chronicles of the Picts, Chronicles of the Scots and Other Early Memorials of Scottish History. Edinburgh: H.M. General Register House, 1867. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
The McClurkin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The McClurkin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 October 2011 at 08:52.
on orders of $85 or more