Mattimoe History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname Mattimoe comes from the Irish O Maolmuaidh. The name was originally anglicized as Milmoe, then Millamoe and Mallimoe, and finally Mattimoe.
Early Origins of the Mattimoe family
The surname Mattimoe was first found in Roscommon
(Irish: Ros Comáin) located in central Ireland
in the province of Connacht
, in the Boyle, where the family was a branch of the Silmurray.
Early History of the Mattimoe family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mattimoe research.Another 67 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1856 and 1883 are included under the topic Early Mattimoe History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mattimoe Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Milmoe, Milmo, Millamoe, Mallimoe, Mullamoe, Millamo and many more.
Early Notables of the Mattimoe family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family name at this time was the Milmo family of the parish of Ballisadare. To this family belongs Don Patricio Milmo, or Patrick Milmo born in Collooney, County Sligo
, who made a... Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mattimoe Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mattimoe family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mattimoe Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ann Mattimoe, who immigrated to New York in 1863
Mattimoe Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Jane Mattimoe, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Ballyfarnon, Ireland, in 1909
- Michael Mattimoe, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Boyle, Ireland, in 1909
- Patrick Mattimoe, aged 28, who emigrated to America from Kilmactranny, Ireland, in 1909
- Peter Mattimoe, aged 21, who landed in America from Ballyfarnon, Ireland, in 1909
- James Mattimoe, aged 26, who settled in America from Knockmore, Ireland, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mattimoe (post 1700)
- Cyril Mattimoe, Irish author who has written a book on Roscommon and its families
Mattimoe Family Crest Products