Margulies History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Margulies family
The surname Margulies was first found in Languedoc, in the south of France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Nimes and Toulouse and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Important Dates for the Margulies family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Margulies research. Another 55 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Margulies History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Margulies Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Marguerite, Margeride, Margaride, Margalide, Margerit, Marguerie, Marguery, Margry, Margrette, Margeridon, Marguerin, Margeron, Margulius, Margotin, Marguet and many more.
Early Notables of the Margulies family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Margulies Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Margulies family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: including many of the name who migrated to the New World from the mid 17th century onward.
Contemporary Notables of the name Margulies (post 1700)
- David Joseph Margulies (1937-2016), American actor, known for his roles in Ghostbusters (1984), Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994) and Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Donald Margulies (b. 1954), American playwright and professor of English literature at Yale University awarded the 2000 Pulitzer Prize for Drama
- Julianna Luisa Margulies (b. 1966), American actress and winner of an Emmy and Golden Globe award
- Pamela L. Margulies, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 1996, 2000 
- Lillian R. Margulies, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1960 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html