Lynott History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname Lynott originated from a powerful family belonging to the Cambro- Normans
, who settled in Ireland
in the 13th century.
Early Origins of the Lynott family
The surname Lynott was first found in Connacht
(Irish: Connachta, (land of the) descendants of Conn). The Lynotts were a powerful Cambro-Norman family who settled in Connacht
in the 13th century, and held vast lands. In 1585, their lands were significant enough to be recorded in the Composition Book of Connacht.
Early History of the Lynott family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lynott research.Another 75 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 163 and 1635 are included under the topic Early Lynott History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lynott Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Lynott family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lynott Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Lynott family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lynott Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Lynott, who arrived in Oswego, New York between 1834 and 1844
- Thomas Lynott, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1897
- Katie Lynott, aged 15, who emigrated to the United States from Ballina, in 1898
Lynott Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sarah Lynott, aged 25, who emigrated to America from Easkey, Ireland, in 1900
- Nellie Lynott, aged 12, who emigrated to the United States from Dublin, in 1903
- Mary Lynott, aged 23, who landed in America from Castetown, Ireland, in 1906
- Jane Lynott, aged 21, who emigrated to America from Castletown, Ireland, in 1906
- John Lynott, aged 15, who landed in America from Dublin, Ireland, in 1906
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Lynott Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Edward and Thomas Lynott, who landed in Saint John, New Brunswick in 1852
Contemporary Notables of the name Lynott (post 1700)
- Philip Parris Lynott (b. 1949), Irish rock star who was a member of the rock group Thin Lizzy
- James Edward Lynott (1839-1890), Canadian politician in New Brunswick
Lynott Family Crest Products