Luckey History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Luckey family
The surname Luckey was first found in Berwickshire where the this surname is derived from the name of an ancestor as in 'the son of Luke,' which is popularly Luck and Luckie on the Scottish border. 
Early History of the Luckey family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Luckey research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580, 1647 and are included under the topic Early Luckey History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luckey Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
Early Notables of the Luckey family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Luckey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Luckey is the 6,393rd most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Migration of the Luckey family to Ireland
Some of the Luckey family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luckey migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Luckey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J Luckey, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1856 
Contemporary Notables of the name Luckey (post 1700) +
- Robert Luckey III, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Ohio, 2008 
- William "Bud" Luckey (1934-2018), American Academy Award nominated animator, artist and voice actor, best known for his work on The Incredibles (2004), Winnie the Pooh (2011) and Toy Story 3 (2010)
- Jeanne Luckey, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Mississippi, 2008 
- Hugh M. Luckey, American Republican politician, Republican Candidate for U.S. Representative from Illinois 18th District, 1936, 1938 
- Henry Carl Luckey (1868-1956), American Democratic Party politician, U.S. Representative from Nebraska 1st District, 1935-39; Defeated, 1940 
- Hazel Luckey, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Indiana, 1928 
- Freeborn Garrettson Luckey (1819-1898), American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from New York County 7th District, 1852 
- E. George Luckey (d. 1977), American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1948; Member of California State Senate 
- David B. Luckey, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Sullivan County, 1857 
- Clarence E. Luckey, American politician, U.S. Attorney for Oregon, 1954-61 
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html