Longchamps History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Longchamps family
The surname Longchamps was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Longchamps family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Longchamps research. Another 173 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1066, 1299, 1357, 1371 and 1417 are included under the topic Early Longchamps History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Longchamps Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Longchamp, Longchamps, Longuechamp, Longuechamps, Longchampe, Longchampes, Longuechampe, Longuechampes, de Longchamp, de Longchamps, de Longchampe, de Longchampes, de Longuechamp, de Longuechamps, de Longuechampe, de Longuechampes, Longcham, Longchams, Longuecham, Longuechams, Longchampp, Longchamppe, Longchampps and many more.
Early Notables of the Longchamps family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Longchamps Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Longchamps migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Longchamps Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Francois Longchamps, aged 24, who landed in Louisiana in 1719 
- Louis Longchamps, who settled in New York State in 1775
- Louis Longchamps, who arrived in New York in 1798 
Contemporary Notables of the name Longchamps (post 1700) +
- Gaston Albert Gohierre de Longchamps (1842-1906), French mathematician, known for his geometric de Longchamps point
- Baron Michel Edmond de Sélys Longchamps (1813-1900), Belgian liberal politician and scientist
- Baron Jean Michel P.M.G. de Selys Longchamps DFC (1912-1943), Belgian noble and World War II RAF fighter pilot, best known for his 1943 aerial attack on the Gestapo headquarters in Brussels in occupied Belgium
- Sybille de Selys Longchamps (b. 1941), Belgian aristocrat
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)