Lescuyer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lescuyer family
The surname Lescuyer was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this distinguished family held a family seat in the region of Perche in southern Normandy, and were members of the aristocracy.
Important Dates for the Lescuyer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lescuyer research. Another 90 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1526, 1585, 1659, 1789, and 1824 are included under the topic Early Lescuyer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lescuyer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ecuyer, Ecuyier, Ecuyiere, Ecouyier, Ecouyiere, Ecuyot, Lecu, Lecuyot, Lécuyot, Lécuyer, Lecuyer, Lécuyier, Lecuyier, Lécuyiere, Lecuyiere, Lecouyier, Lecouyiere, Lescuyer, L'Ecuyer and many more.
Early Notables of the Lescuyer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lescuyer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lescuyer migration to Canada
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lescuyer Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Antoine Lescuyer, who arrived in Quebec in 1670 from Ile-de-France
- Pierre L'Escuyer, son of René and Marguerite, married Marie Juillet, daughter of Blaise and Marie-Antoinette, in Montreal, Quebec on 23rd July 1670 
- Antoine L'Escuyer, son of Antoine and Anne, married Marie Gaillon, daughter of Pierre and Marguerite, in Batiscan, Quebec on 25th November 1698 
- Paul L'Escuyer, son of Pierre and Marie, married Françoise Lecomte, daughter of Jean and Marie, in Lachine, Quebec on 13th october 1698 
Lescuyer Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- René L'Escuyer, son of Pierre and Marie, married Suzanne Hablin, daughter of François and Jeanne, in Lachine, Quebec on 4th November 1705 
- Pierre L'Escuyer, son of Antoine and Anne, married Françoise-Marguerite Gaillon, daughter of Pierre and Marguerite, in Batiscan, Quebec on 1st September 1711 
- Jean-Baptiste L'Escuyer, son of Pierre and Marie, married Marie-Catherine Millet, daughter of Jacques and Élisabeth, in Montreal, Quebec on 5th February 1714 
- Joseph-Marie L'Escuyer, son of Pierre and Marie, married Catherine Heurtebise, daughter of Pierre and Geneviève, in Montreal, Quebec on 3rd April 1720 
- François-Marie L'Escuyer, son of René and Suzanne, married Marie-Thérèse Leduc, daughter of Philippe and Marie-Catherine, in Montreal, Quebec on 9th October 1730 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Lescuyer (post 1700)
- Charles Louis Joseph de L'Escuyer, Marquis d'Hagnicourt, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 2, Institut Drouin, 1958.
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, April 9) Charles L'Escuyer. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html