Lemus History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lemus family
The surname Lemus was first found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where this eminent family held a family seat in the honor of De Limeux, a village in the ancient department of Cher in the Somme.
The family branched north into Flanders, and west into Normandy where they held considerable estates before the 16th century. They also branched to Brittany where they held a family seat at Cree'Hriou, Kerigonan, and Kerveguen.
Gabriel Lemieux, born in 1626, son of Louis and Marie (née Lugan), worked as a coppersmith in Quebec. He married Marguerite LeBoeuf, born in 1640, daughter of Guillaume and Marguerite (née Milot), on 3rd September 1658. His second marriage was to Marthe Beauregard, born in 1643, on 26th November 1671. They remained together until Marthe passed away in Lévis on 22nd October 1728. 
Early History of the Lemus family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemus research. Another 46 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1598, 1659 and 1613 are included under the topic Early Lemus History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lemus Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lemieux, Limeux, Lemeux, Lemieus, Lemeur, Lemeut, Lemuet, Lemut, Lemue, Lemuel, Lemoual, Lemouee, Moues, Moule, Mieure and many more.
Early Notables of the Lemus family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemus Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Lemus is the 3,084th most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
Lemus migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lemus Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Lemus, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1858 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lemus (post 1700) +
- José Rafael Tobar Lemus (b. 1975), Salvadoran football player
- Antonio Flores de Lemus (1876-1941), Spanish politician and economist
- Carlos Fuentes Lemus (1973-1999), Mexican writer, photographer, painter and director
- Ángel Lemus (b. 1971), retired professional footballer from Mexico
- Carlos Alberto Lemus (b. 1989), Chilean footballer
- Juan Carlos Lemus (b. 1965), Cuban boxer
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)