on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Lemoine family come from? What is the French Lemoine family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lemoine family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lemoine family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Le Moyne, Lemoyne, Lemoine, Lemoines, Le Moynes, Le Moine, Moine, Moines, Loynes, Les Moines and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this noble family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemoine research. Another 479 words(34 lines of text) covering the years 1303, 1364, 1420, 1455, 1500, 1506, 1513, 1626, 1641, and 1683 are included under the topic Early Lemoine History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 209 words(15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemoine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Pierre Lemoine, who landed in Louisiana in 1718-1724
- Florent Lemoine, aged 18, arrived in Louisiana in 1719
- Charles Francois Lemoine, who settled in Louisiana in 1720
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Augustin LeMoine, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Manuel Lemoine, aged 58, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emanuel Aaron Lemoine, who landed in Alabama in 1923
Lemoine Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Barthelemy Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1636
- Pierre LeMoine, who landed in Acadia in 1636
- Claude Lemoine, aged 35, arrived in Canada in 1643
- Claude Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1643
- Jean Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1662
Lemoine Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Francis Lemoine, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1749
- Henry Jean Lemoine (1786-1854), French Music Publisher, Officer of the Legion of Honour, Paris
- Maurice Lemoine, French Assistant Director General of Air France, Seine
- Victor Lemoine (1823-1911), French flower breeder, best known for creating many of today's lilac varieties
- Fabien Lemoine (b. 1987), French professional footballer
- Émile Michel Hyacinthe Lemoine (1840-1912), French civil engineer and a mathematician
- Yoann Lemoine (b. 1983), French music video director, graphic designer, and musician
- Cyril Lemoine (b. 1983), French professional road bicycle racer
- Jacques-Antoine-Marie Lemoine (1751-1824), French portrait artist
- Adolphe Lemoine (1812-1880), French comédien and playwright, director of the Théâtre du Gymnase
- Henri Lemoine (1909-1991), French cyclist at the 1928 Summer Olympics
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
The Lemoine Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lemoine Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 December 2013 at 09:23.
on orders of $85 or more