100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English, French
Spelling variations of this family name include: Le Moyne, Lemoyne, Lemoine, Lemoines, Le Moynes, Le Moine, Moine, Moines, Loynes, Les Moines and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this noble family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemoine research. Another 479 words (34 lines of text) covering the years 1303, 1364, 1420, 1455, 1500, 1506, 1513, 1626, 1641, and 1683 are included under the topic Early Lemoine History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 209 words (15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemoine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Pierre Lemoine, who landed in Louisiana in 1718-1724
- Florent Lemoine, aged 18, arrived in Louisiana in 1719
- Charles Francois Lemoine, who settled in Louisiana in 1720
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Augustin LeMoine, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Manuel Lemoine, aged 58, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emanuel Aaron Lemoine, who landed in Alabama in 1923
Lemoine Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Barthelemy Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1636
- Pierre LeMoine, who landed in Acadia in 1636
- Claude Lemoine, aged 35, arrived in Canada in 1643
- Claude Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1643
- Jean Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1662
Lemoine Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Francis Lemoine, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1749
- Louis Lemoine, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815
- Henri Lemoine (1909-1991), French cyclist at the 1928 Summer Olympics
- Adolphe Lemoine (1812-1880), French comédien and playwright, director of the Théâtre du Gymnase
- Jacques-Antoine-Marie Lemoine (1751-1824), French portrait artist
- Cyril Lemoine (b. 1983), French professional road bicycle racer
- Yoann Lemoine (b. 1983), French music video director, graphic designer, and musician
- Émile Michel Hyacinthe Lemoine (1840-1912), French civil engineer and a mathematician
- Fabien Lemoine (b. 1987), French professional footballer
- Victor Lemoine (1823-1911), French flower breeder, best known for creating many of today's lilac varieties
- Henry Jean Lemoine (1786-1854), French Music Publisher, Officer of the Legion of Honour, Paris
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Lemoine Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lemoine Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 April 2015 at 10:51.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!