100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Lemoine family come from? What is the French Lemoine family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lemoine family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lemoine family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Le Moyne, Lemoyne, Lemoine, Lemoines, Le Moynes, Le Moine, Moine, Moines, Loynes, Les Moines and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this noble family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemoine research. Another 479 words(34 lines of text) covering the years 1303, 1364, 1420, 1455, 1500, 1506, 1513, 1626, 1641, and 1683 are included under the topic Early Lemoine History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 209 words(15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemoine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Pierre Lemoine, who landed in Louisiana in 1718-1724
- Florent Lemoine, aged 18, arrived in Louisiana in 1719
- Charles Francois Lemoine, who settled in Louisiana in 1720
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Augustin LeMoine, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Manuel Lemoine, aged 58, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
Lemoine Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emanuel Aaron Lemoine, who landed in Alabama in 1923
Lemoine Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Barthelemy Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1636
- Pierre LeMoine, who landed in Acadia in 1636
- Claude Lemoine, aged 35, arrived in Canada in 1643
- Claude Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1643
- Jean Lemoine, who arrived in Quebec in 1662
Lemoine Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Francis Lemoine, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1749
- Henry Jean Lemoine (1786-1854), French Music Publisher, Officer of the Legion of Honour, Paris
- Maurice Lemoine, French Assistant Director General of Air France, Seine
- Victor Lemoine (1823-1911), French flower breeder, best known for creating many of today's lilac varieties
- Fabien Lemoine (b. 1987), French professional footballer
- Émile Michel Hyacinthe Lemoine (1840-1912), French civil engineer and a mathematician
- Yoann Lemoine (b. 1983), French music video director, graphic designer, and musician
- Cyril Lemoine (b. 1983), French professional road bicycle racer
- Jacques-Antoine-Marie Lemoine (1751-1824), French portrait artist
- Adolphe Lemoine (1812-1880), French comédien and playwright, director of the Théâtre du Gymnase
- Henri Lemoine (1909-1991), French cyclist at the 1928 Summer Olympics
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Lemoine Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lemoine Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 April 2015 at 10:51.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!