on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Lemieux family come from? What is the French Lemieux family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lemieux family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lemieux family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lemieux, Limeux, Lemeux, Lemieus, Lemeur, Lemeut, Lemuet, Lemut, Lemue, Lemuel, Lemoual, Lemouee, Moues, Moule, Mieure and many more.
First found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where this eminent family held a family seat in the honor of De Limeux, a village in the ancient department of Cher in the Somme.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemieux research. Another 161 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1598, 1659 and 1613 are included under the topic Early Lemieux History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 65 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemieux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lemieux Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur Lemieux, aged 40, who landed in America from Paris, in 1903
- Alphonse Lemieux, aged 42, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1904
Lemieux Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Gabriel Lemieux who arrived in Quebec in 1647 from Normandy
Lemieux Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Alphonso Lemieux, aged 46, who settled in Montreal, in 1905
- Ernestine Lemieux, aged 24, who emigrated to Quebec, Canada, in 1905
- Alphonse Lemieux, aged 18, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1908
- Rodolphe Lemieux, aged 42, who emigrated to Ottawa, Canada, in 1908
- Bertha Lemieux, aged 35, who settled in Ottawa, Canada, in 1909
- George Stephen LeMieux (b. 1969), American politician, United States Senator from Florida (2009-2011)
- Raymond U. Lemieux CC, AOE, FRS (1920-2000), Canadian organic chemist awarded the 1999 Wolf Prize in Chemistry
- Mario Lemieux OC, CQ (b. 1965), Canadian three-time gold medalist professional NHL ice hockey player, inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1997, owner and chairman of the Pittsburgh Penguins (1999-)
- Jean Paul Lemieux CC, GOQ (1904-1990), Canadian painter
- Ron Lemieux (b. 1950), Canadian politician, Manitoba Minister of Local Government (2009-)
- Julie Lemieux (b. 1962), Canadian voice actress
- Claude Percy Lemieux (b. 1965), retired Canadian professional NHL ice hockey player
- Réal "Frenchy" Lemieux (1945-1975), Canadian retired NHL ice hockey right winger
- David Lemieux (b. 1988), Canadian professional boxer, WBC International Middleweight Champion
- Jacques Leonard Lemieux (b. 1943), Canadian professional NHL ice hockey player for the Los Angeles Kings from 1967 through 1970
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Lemieux Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lemieux Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 31 December 2014 at 09:12.
on orders of $85 or more