on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Lemieux family come from? What is the French Lemieux family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lemieux family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lemieux family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lemieux, Limeux, Lemeux, Lemieus, Lemeur, Lemeut, Lemuet, Lemut, Lemue, Lemuel, Lemoual, Lemouee, Moues, Moule, Mieure and many more.
First found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where this eminent family held a family seat in the honor of De Limeux, a village in the ancient department of Cher in the Somme.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemieux research. Another 161 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1598, 1659 and 1613 are included under the topic Early Lemieux History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 65 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemieux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lemieux Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur Lemieux, aged 40, who landed in America from Paris, in 1903
- Alphonse Lemieux, aged 42, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1904
Lemieux Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Gabriel Lemieux who arrived in Quebec in 1647 from Normandy
Lemieux Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Alphonso Lemieux, aged 46, who settled in Montreal, in 1905
- Ernestine Lemieux, aged 24, who emigrated to Quebec, Canada, in 1905
- Alphonse Lemieux, aged 18, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1908
- Rodolphe Lemieux, aged 42, who emigrated to Ottawa, Canada, in 1908
- Bertha Lemieux, aged 35, who settled in Ottawa, Canada, in 1909
- George Stephen LeMieux (b. 1969), American politician, United States Senator from Florida (2009-2011)
- Mr. M. Lemieux (1878-1917), Canadian Horseman aboard the SS Calonne from Nova Scotia, Canada who died in the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917
- Mr. Pontleon Lemieux (1890-1917), Canadian 2nd Engineer aboard the HMCS Musquash from Quebec, Canada who died in the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917
- Lawrence Lemieux (b. 1955), Canadian sailor who competed at the 1984 and 1988 Summer Olympics
- Marie-Nicole Lemieux (b. 1975), Canadian coloratura contralto
- David Hardy Lemieux (b. 1970), Canadian Grammy, Juno, and Gemini Award voting member, audio and film archivist and audiovisual archivist for the Grateful Dead
- Diane Lemieux (b. 1961), Canadian politician, MNA for Bourget, Quebec (1998-2007)
- Alain Lemieux (b. 1961), Canadian retired NHL ice hockey player who played from 1981 through 1998
- Jocelyn Lemieux (b. 1967), Canadian retired former professional ice hockey player
- Jacques Leonard Lemieux (b. 1943), Canadian professional NHL ice hockey player for the Los Angeles Kings from 1967 through 1970
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Lemieux Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lemieux Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 October 2015 at 14:42.
on orders of $85 or more