on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Lemelle family come from? What is the French Lemelle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lemelle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lemelle family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Melier, Mellier, Meulier, Meller, Le Melier, Mélier, de Méllier, Melyer, Meiler, Melies, Meilleur and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemelle research. Another 278 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1390, 1696, 1789, and 1870 are included under the topic Early Lemelle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 22 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemelle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: John Meleir settled in Virginia in 1649.
- Wilbert J. Le Melle (1931-2003), American diplomat, author and academician, Ambassador of The United States to the Republic of Kenya and to the Republic of Seychelles from 1977 to 1980
- Ivan L. R. Lemelle (b. 1950), United States federal jurist, Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (1998-)
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Lemelle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lemelle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 May 2015 at 08:37.
on orders of $85 or more