Legrange History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Legrange family
The surname Legrange was first found in Champagne.
Important Dates for the Legrange family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Legrange research. Another 30 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1572, 1576, 1738, 1761, 1830, 1838, 1870, 1877, and 1883 are included under the topic Early Legrange History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Legrange Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Granger, Grangier, Grangé, Grangié, Grange, Granche, Grancher, Grangeon, Granjon, Grangheon, Grangeaud, Grangerat and many more.
Early Notables of the Legrange family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family during this period was Jean de La Grange (Jean de Lagrange), (c. 1325-1402), French prelate and politician, during the reigns of Charles V and Charles VI, important member of the papal curia at Avignon; Granger (c. 1680s-1734), born Tourtechot, was a French physician and traveler; Jean Grangeret, born in Vezet (Haute-Sarne) in 1738, who was a general; Louis Grange was an episcopal vicar around 1761; Lucie-Anne Poujoulas or Mrs Adolphe Grange, born in 1838, was a writer; Pierre-Eugène...
Another 82 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Legrange Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Legrange migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Legrange Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- P LeGrange, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- T LeGrange, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Legrange (post 1700)
- Cobie Legrange (b. 1942), South African professional golfer, active in the 1960s; he won the Dunlop Masters title in 1964 and 1969 and the Pringle of Scotland Tournament in 1965
- Marvin LeGrange Gross, American politician, Member of Georgia State House of Representatives from Washington County, 1939-40 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 23) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html