laverdiere History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the laverdiere family
The surname laverdiere was first found in Languedoc in the south of France where this distinguished family held a family seat as important members of the aristocracy.
It should, however, be borne in mind that the titles of Seigneurs de la Verdiere and de Eos were borne by one of the oldest of the great Provencal houses. 'All the branches of the Seigneurs of the name of Vintimille established in Provence came,' says Anselme, 'from the Seigneurs de la Verdiere of the same country.'" 
"The Verdier, or verderer, was a judge of petty offences against the forest laws. In England his office was to take care of the vert, a word applying to everything that bears a green leaf within the forest that may cover and hide a deer." 
Early History of the laverdiere family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our laverdiere research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1675, 1789, and 1809 are included under the topic Early laverdiere History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
laverdiere Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laverdière, Laverdiere, Verdière, Verdiere, Laverdure, Verdiere, La Verdière, De Verdiere and many more.
Early Notables of the laverdiere family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early laverdiere Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Quebec, Canada, the name laverdiere is the 729th most popular surname. 
laverdiere migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
laverdiere Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ulric Laverdiere, aged 37, who immigrated to the United States from Paris, in 1906
- Gedeon Laverdiere, aged 37, who immigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Maria Laverdiere, aged 36, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1918
Contemporary Notables of the name laverdiere (post 1700) +
- Paul Laverdiere, American politician, Mayor of Waterville, Maine, 1978-82 
- Jacques Laverdiere (b. 1961), Canadian professional hockey player
- Hélène Laverdière (b. 1955), Canadian politician elected Member of Parliament for the riding of Laurier-Sainte-Marie in 2011
- Charles-Honoré Cauchon dit Laverdière (1826-1873), French-Canadian priest and historian
- Herman E. Laverdière (b. 1927), Liberal party member of the Canadian House of Commons
Related Stories +
- ^ Cleveland, Dutchess of The Battle Abbey Roll with some Account of the Norman Lineages. London: John Murray, Abermarle Street, 1889. Print. Volume 3 of 3
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html