on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Noble surnames, such as lauzon, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name lauzon, which is a local
surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful Guyenne region of France. In France, hereditary surnames
were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local
names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The lauzon family originally lived in the village of Loison.
The surname lauzon was first found in Guyenne where they held a family seat
in the seigneurie of Caumont.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lauzon, Lauzun, Lauzanne, L'Auzon, L'Auzon, Lauson, Lauzin and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lauzon research. Another 239 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1632, 1723, 1583, 1666, 1651, 1657, 1631 and 1687 are included under the topic Early lauzon History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 97 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lauzon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lauzon Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Gilles Lauzon who arrived in Quebec from Normandy in 1653
- Gilles Lauzon, who married in Montreal in 1656
- Marguerite Lauzon married in Montreal in 1672
- Françoise Lauzon married in Montreal in 1675
- Catherine Lauzon married in Montreal in 1681
- Thom Lauzon, American politician, Mayor of Barre, Vermont, 2006-07
- Louis Lauzon, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives 107th District, 1978
- Joseph E. Lauzon (b. 1984), American mixed martial artist
- Nat Lauzon (b. 1975), Canadian radio host and writer
- Patrice Lauzon (b. 1975), Canadian ice dancer
- Craig Lauzon (b. 1971), Canadian comedian, and member of the Royal Canadian Air Farce
- Jean-Claude Lauzon (1953-1997), Canadian writer and director in Quebec
- Jean-Baptiste Lauzon (b. 1858), Canadian politician in Manitoba
- Dominique Lauzon, Canadian poet in Montreal
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The lauzon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The lauzon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 October 2015 at 14:48.
on orders of $85 or more