on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French latour family come from? What is the French latour family crest and coat of arms? When did the latour family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the latour family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Latour, Tour, Latourre, Tours, Toure, Tors, La Tour, De Latour, de la Toure, de Tour and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where this acclaimed family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our latour research. Another 312 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1259, 1365, 1600, 1610, 1618, 1629, 1688, 1743, and 1789 are included under the topic Early latour History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early latour Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
latour Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Susanne Latour who settled in New York in 1700
- Herman Latour, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Herman LaTour, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Jacob Latour, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Jacob LaTour, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
latour Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Elizabeth Latour, who landed in Louisiana in 1805-1809
- John Latour, aged 24, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Casimir Latour, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
- Charles Thomas Latour who settled in Philadelphia in 1880
latour Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Sieur De LaTour, who landed in Canada in 1636
- Francois Latour, aged 28, landed in Canada in 1643
- Jean LaTour, aged 20, arrived in Quebec in 1658
- Crespin LaTour, who arrived in Quebec in 1671
- Crespin Latour, who landed in Quebec in 1671
latour Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Charlotte Latour, aged 29, arrived in St Pierre and Miquelon in 1767
- Charlotte LaTour, aged 29, landed in St Pierre and Miquelon in 1767
- Louis Latour, French Wine Producer and negociant, founded the business in the 1700's
- Bertrand Latour (b. 1963), French writer
- Bruno Latour (b. 1947), French sociologist of science, anthropologist
- Théodore Latour (1766-1837), French composer
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
The latour Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The latour Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 December 2014 at 12:14.
on orders of $85 or more