latouche History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the latouche family
The surname latouche was first found in Rhine Valley, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with domains, estates and manors. The family were well established in the region of Strasburg north to the coast and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community and their religious activities. The La Touche family were from Blesois, between Blois and Orleans, of noble birth and possessing many estates. They were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Important Dates for the latouche family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our latouche research. Another 118 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 179 and 1797 are included under the topic Early latouche History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
latouche Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: La Touche, Touche, La Touche, Le Touche, De la Touche, De Touche, LaTouche and many more.
Early Notables of the latouche family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early latouche Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the latouche family to Ireland
Some of the latouche family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
latouche migration to Canada
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
latouche Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Jehan LaTouche, who arrived in Canada in 1643
- Martin Latouche, aged 52, who arrived in Canada in 1643
- Jehan LaTouche, aged 45, who arrived in Canada in 1643
- Julien Latouche, married Élisabeth-Thérèse Bertaut, daughter of Jacques and Gilette, in Trois-Rivières, Quebec on 12th August 1671 
- Roger Latouche, who arrived in Quebec in 1680
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
latouche Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Lucas Latouche, son of Roger and Marie, married Thérèse Le Tellier, daughter of Jean and Renée, in Varennes, Quebec on 16th April 1714 
- Marien Latouche, son of Roger and Marie, married Marie-Marguerite Daudelin, daughter of René and Marguerite, in Boucherville, Quebec on 18th October 1717 
- Jean-Baptiste Latouche, son of Roger and Marie, married Madeleine Rougeau, daughter of Jean and Marie, in Boucherville, Quebec on 24th January 1724 
- Jean Latouche, son of Claude and Marie, married Élisabeth Vallée, daughter of Jean and Marguerite, in Montreal, Quebec on 30th July 1725 
- Charles Latouche, son of Timothée and Hélène, married Angélique-Jeanne Guillemin, daughter of Charles and Françoise, in Quebec on 7th October 1737 
Contemporary Notables of the name latouche (post 1700)
- Melissa Latouche, American actress and producer, known for Brash Young Turks (2015), Love Aaj Kal (2009) and Flashmob (2008)
- John Latouche (1917-1956), American TV and film, lyricist and actor
- John S. LaTouche, American politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from Lackawanna County, 1881-84 
- Rose La Touche (1848-1875), English pupil and cherished student, from which John Ruskin based Sesame and Lilies (1865); some speculate that Ruskin "fell in love" with Rose when she was between the ages of 14 and 18
- Peter La Touche (1775-1830), Irish landowner and politician, Member of Parliament for County Leitrim (1802 – 1806)
- Claude Guimond de La Touche (1723-1760), 18th-century French playwright and poet
- Gaston La Touche (1854-1913), French painter, illustrator, engraver and sculptor
- Rose La Touche (1848-1875), young Irish girl who John Ruskin based Sesame and Lilies (1865)
- Peter La Touche (d. 1830), Irish politician, Member of Parliament for Leitrim (1802–1806), nephew of Peter La Touche
- Peter La Touche (1733-1828), Irish politician, Member of Parliament for Leitrim (1783–1790) and (1796–1798)
- ... (Another 4 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 2, Institut Drouin, 1958.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html