on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French larue family come from? What is the French larue family crest and coat of arms? When did the larue family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the larue family history?From the historical and enchanting region of France emerged a multitude of notable family names, including that of the distinguished larue family. Originally, the people in this region went by one (personal) name. Surnames evolved during the Middle Ages when people began to assume an extra name to avoid confusion and to further identify themselves. These names then began to become "fixed" or hereditary between the generations. One of the types of names adopted as surnames were those derived from nicknames. Nicknames, or "eke-names," were an added name that generally reflected some physical characteristics or other attribute of the person that used the name. The larue surname derives from the Old French word "rous," meaning "red," or "red-haired;" and as such was a nickname for someone with red hair, or perhaps for a person with a ruddy or reddish complexion, or who dressed habitually in the color red.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leroux, Lerout, Lerou, Leroulx, Leroud, Lerous, de Roux, Lerou, Laroux, La Roux, La Rou, La Rous and many more.
First found in Périgord, where this impressive family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our larue research. Another 601 words (43 lines of text) covering the years 1372, 1389, 1404, 1429, 1555, 1631, 1668, 1788, 1814, and 1829 are included under the topic Early larue History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early larue Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
larue Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jacques LaRue, who landed in New Jersey in 1678
- Abraham LaRue, who arrived in New York in 1680
larue Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- James Lewis Larue, who arrived in New York in 1798
- Henry Larue, aged 30, landed in New York in 1799
larue Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Blanche Larue, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1903
- Frank Larue, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- James LaRue, aged 41, who landed in America, in 1905
- Margaret LaRue, aged 10, who settled in America, in 1907
- Achille Larue, aged 59, who settled in America from Laigle, France, in 1910
larue Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Jean Larue, who landed in Canada in 1632-1760
larue Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Louis LaRue, aged 30, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1910
- Luc Larue, aged 35, who settled in Quebec, Canada, in 1912
- Julee Louis Larue, aged 35, who settled in Quebec, Canada, in 1920
- Jim LaRue (1925-2015), American football player and coach
- Charles Wickham LaRue (1922-2006), American trombonist and jazz arranger
- Dennis LaRue (b. 1959), American National Hockey League referee
- Custer LaRue, American soprano vocalist
- Travis Leldon LaRue (1913-2009), American politician who served as the Mayor of Austin, Texas
- Florence LaRue (b. 1944), American actress, humanitarian, and Grammy award-winning singer
- D C LaRue (b. 1948), American disco artist
- Rusty LaRue (b. 1973), American former multi-sport athlete
- Michael Jason "Rusty" LaRue (b. 1974), former Major League Baseball catcher
- Eva Maria LaRue (b. 1966), American model and actress
- The Larue Family History by Katherine B. Larue.
- Collection of Genealogical Data Concerning the La Rue/Rue Families of America by Marne H. Dubbs.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The larue Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The larue Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2016 at 13:19.
on orders of $85 or more