Early Origins of the laronde family
The surname laronde was first found in Normandy
(French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy
, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Calvados and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.They were shown as nobility of the Norman by the Duchesne rolls during the Conquest. William Rundel of Oxfordshire
after Hastings had several domains held to 1150 and also held in Normandy.
Early History of the laronde family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our laronde research.Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early laronde History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
laronde Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Rond, Ronde, Lerond, Lerondel, Roneau, Rondel, Lerondeau, Rondeau, Rondelet, Rondelleux, Rondelot, Rondet, Rondot, Rondou, Rondier, Rundle, Runnall, Redonet, Redonin and many more.
Early Notables of the laronde family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early laronde Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the laronde family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
laronde Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- James W. Laronde, aged 30, who landed in America from Dominica, B.W.I., in 1922
laronde Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Lewis Laronde, aged 36, who settled in Le Pas, Canada, in 1918
Contemporary Notables of the name laronde (post 1700)
- Philippe Ambroise Denis Laronde, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 CITATION[CLOSE]
Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, March 30) Philippe Laronde. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html
- Giselle Jeanne-Marie Laronde -West (1963-1986), winner of the 1986 Miss World 1986 contest, representing Trinidad and Tobago
laronde Family Crest Products
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, March 30) Philippe Laronde. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html