Larochelle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Larochelle is derived from the Old French word "roche," meaning "rock," and was likely first used as a name to describe someone who resided near a prominent rock.
Early Origins of the Larochelle family
The surname Larochelle was first found in Languedoc where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Larochelle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Larochelle research. Another 397 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1031, 1082, 1094, 1100, 1200, 1307, 1326, 1600, 1693, 1703, 1772, 1769, 1786 and 1351 are included under the topic Early Larochelle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Larochelle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laroche, Laroches, Larauche, Lareauche, Larouche, LaRouche, De Roche, La Roche, Roche, de la Roche and many more.
Early Notables of the Larochelle family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Larochelle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Larochelle World Ranking
In the United States, the name Larochelle is the 6,910th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name.  However, in Canada, the name Larochelle is ranked the 665th most popular surname with an estimated 7,844 people with that name.  And in Quebec, Canada, the name Larochelle is the 267th popular surname. 
Migration of the Larochelle family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jacques LaRoche, aged 43; settled in Louisiana in 1719; Constantine Laroche settled in America in 1769; Zacharie Laroche settled in Philadelphia in 1795.
|Contemporary Notables of the name Larochelle (post 1700) ||+|
- Diana S. LaRochelle, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1996 
- Jacques Larochelle (b. 1962), French professional footballer
- Wildor Larochelle (1906-1964), Canadian ice hockey forward
- Louis-Napoléon Larochelle (1834-1890), Canadian manufacturer, railway contractor and politician in Quebec
- Joseph-Théophile Larochelle (1877-1954), Canadian politician from Quebec
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/surnames/
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html