larney History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the larney family
The surname larney was first found in London where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that city.
Early History of the larney family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our larney research. Another 167 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1463, 1455, 1487, 1664, 1584, 1654, 1608, 1610, 1565, 1659, 1565, 1659, 1728, 1543, 1600, 1543, 1585, 1172 and 1685 are included under the topic Early larney History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
larney Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Delawny, Delauney, De Laune, De Lune, Delaune, Delorney, Dalorney, Deloney, Delony, De Lawny and many more.
Early Notables of the larney family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Paul Delaune (c.1584-c.1654), an English physician, Gresham Professor of Physic during the Interregnum, graduated at Emmanuel College, Cambridge (1608.)
William Delaune (d. 1610), was a French divine and physician, was a native of France, where he became a Protestant minister.
His son, Gideon Delaune or Delawne (1565?-1659), was an English apothecary, eldest son of William Delaune, a French Protestant pastor, was born at Rheims...
Another 68 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early larney Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the larney family to Ireland
Some of the larney family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 116 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the larney family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Francois DeLaunay, who came to Virginia in 1700; John Delaunay, who arrived at Philadelphia in 1806; H Delauney, who arrived at Philadelphia in 1810; as well as Alexandre Delaunay, who was naturalized in the Marine Court, New York City in 1834..
Contemporary Notables of the name larney (post 1700) +
- Patrick H. Larney, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly, 1917-18 
- John E. Larney, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1932; Delegate to New York convention to ratify 21st amendment, 1933 
- John Larney, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1908 
- George Edward Larney, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Illinois 9th District, 1994 
Related Stories +
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html