Lank History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Lank is a name of Anglo-Saxon origin. It was a name given to a person who because of their physical characteristics was referred to as the tall man.
Early Origins of the Lank family
The surname Lank was first found in Buckinghamshire, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Early History of the Lank family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lank research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1279, 1574, 1729, 1846, 1872, and 1899 are included under the topic Early Lank History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lank Spelling Variations
Before the last few hundred years, the English language had no fast system of spelling rules. For that reason, spelling variations are commonly found in early Anglo-Saxon surnames. Over the years, many variations of the name Lank were recorded, including Langman, Langeman, Langaman, Langmann, Langemann, Langmon, Langemon, Langmen and many more.
Early Notables of the Lank family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lank Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Lank migration to the United States ||+|
To escape oppression and starvation at that time, many English families left for the "open frontiers" of the New World with all its perceived opportunities. In droves people migrated to the many British colonies, those in North America in particular, paying high rates for passages in cramped, unsafe ships. Although many of the settlers did not make the long passage alive, those who did see the shores of North America perceived great opportunities before them. Many of the families that came from England went on to make essential contributions to the emerging nations of Canada and the United States. Research into various historical records revealed some of first members of the Lank family emigrate to North America:
Lank Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Philip Lank, who landed in New York in 1709 
- Peter Lank, who landed in New York in 1709 
Lank Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Elis Hock Lank, who landed in America in 1855 
| Lank migration to Canada ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lank Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Johannes Henrick Lank, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1749
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)