100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English lamberton family come from? What is the English lamberton family crest and coat of arms? When did the lamberton family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the lamberton family history?
Although the name, lamberton, appeared in many references, from time to time, the surname was shown with the spellings Lamberton, Lambertone, Lambertown, Lambertson, Lamberson, Lamerson, Lambertsen, Lambyrton, Lambettson, Lamburton, Lambertun, Lambertoune and many more.
First found in county Berwick where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D. The village of Lamberton in Berwickshire is first mentioned on a charter of King Edgar of Scotland in 1095 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lamberton research. Another 243 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1120, 1136, 1200, 1296, 1297, 1298, 1300, 1328, 1400, and 1600 are included under the topic Early lamberton History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 59 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lamberton Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Gradually becoming disenchanted with life in Ireland many of these uprooted families sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. These overcrowded ships often arrived with only 60 to 70% of their original passenger list, many dying of cholera, typhoid, dysentery or small pox. In North America, some of the first immigrants who could be considered kinsmen of the lamberton family name lamberton, or who bore a variation of the surname were
lamberton Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- George Lamberton, who sailed to New Haven in Connecticut in 1635
lamberton Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Lamberton to New York in 1710
- Anna Margt Lamberton, aged 13, arrived in New York in 1710
- Ffrances Lamberton, aged 10, landed in New York in 1710
- Garrit Lamberton, aged 12, arrived in New York in 1710
- Christopher Lamberton to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1799
lamberton Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Robert Lamberton to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1847
lamberton Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Grace Lamberton arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Gertrude" in 1863
- Thomas Lamberton, aged 30, a miner, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Strathnaver" in 1874
- Mary G. Lamberton, aged 35, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Strathnaver" in 1874
- Jane Lamberton, aged 7, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Strathnaver" in 1874
- Thomas Lamberton, aged 2, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Strathnaver" in 1874
- Judge Robert Lamberton (1809-1885), American associate Judge of the Courts of Venango County, Pennsylvania, founder of the first bank in the County known as the Lamberton Savings Bank
- Kenneth "Ken" J. Lamberton (b. 1958), American writer and former teacher
- Karen Lamberton, American Music executive born in New York
- Robert Eneas Lamberton (1886-1941), American Republican politician, Mayor of Philadelphia (1940 to 1941)
- Benjamin P. Lamberton (1844-1912), American admiral, eponym of the USS Lamberton (DD-119)
- Charles Lamberton (1912-1956), French paleontologist who studied on the island of Madagascar
- Thierry Dominique Lamberton (b. 1966), French ice speed skater at the 1992 Winter Olympics
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
The lamberton Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The lamberton Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 July 2015 at 21:52.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!