lamberson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lamberson family
The surname lamberson was first found in Lancashire where they held a family seat from very ancient times. The first record was in the village of Warton where they held their mansion and family seat. They are believed to be of Norman origin and arrived after the Norman Conquest in 1066. In Normandy they held a family seat at Lambert-sur-Dive and Lambert sur Orne.
Important Dates for the lamberson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lamberson research. Another 30 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1637 and 1715 are included under the topic Early lamberson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lamberson Spelling Variations
Norman surnames are characterized by a multitude of spelling variations. The frequent changes in surnames are largely due to the fact that the Old and Middle English languages lacked definite spelling rules. The introduction of Norman French to England, as well as the official court languages of Latin and French, also had pronounced influences on the spelling of surnames. Since medieval scribes and church officials recorded names as they sounded, rather than adhering to any specific spelling rules, it was common to find the same individual referred to with different spellings. The name has been spelled Lampson, Lampston, Lambson and others.
Early Notables of the lamberson family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early lamberson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lamberson migration to the United States
Many English families emigrated to North American colonies in order to escape the political chaos in Britain at this time. Unfortunately, many English families made the trip to the New World under extremely harsh conditions. Overcrowding on the ships caused the majority of the immigrants to arrive diseased, famished, and destitute from the long journey across the stormy Atlantic. Despite these hardships, many of the families prospered and went on to make invaluable contributions to the development of the cultures of the United States and Canada. Early North American immigration records have revealed a number of people bearing the name lamberson or a variant listed above:
lamberson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ella M. Lamberson, aged 37, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
- D.B. Lamberson, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States, in 1896
lamberson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- E.H. Lamberson, who settled in America, in 1903
- Anne Lamberson, who settled in America, in 1903
- Maud L. Lamberson, aged 27, who landed in America, in 1905
- Samuel Lamberson, who immigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Sam Lamberson, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name lamberson (post 1700)
- Nathaniel "Tip" "N.D." Lamberson (1922-2005), American flute maker, one of the best in America making 730 flutes from 1968 to 1985