Lahaie History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Lahaie family
The surname Lahaie was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this distinguished family held a family seat in the castle and barony of Lahaie-du-Puits in the arrondissement of Coutance from about the year 890. But the annals of the family only start about 1066 when the Sire Eudo de Lahaie accompanied Duke William of Normandy in his conquest of England. He became a great Baron and possessed vast estates in Sussex, Essex and Suffolk, and died in 1098, and the Norman branch of the family continued to flourish.
Early History of the Lahaie family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lahaie research. Another 62 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1169, 1169, 1592, 1636, 1596 and 1671 are included under the topic Early Lahaie History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lahaie Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lahaie, Lahay, Lahaye, LaHay, LaHaye, Lahaise, Lahais, Hai, Haie, Hay, Haise, Haeye and many more.
Early Notables of the Lahaie family (pre 1700)
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lahaie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Quebec, Canada, the name Lahaie is the 608th most popular surname. 
Lahaie migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lahaie Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jean-François Lahaie, son of Jean and Madeleine, who married Marie Gautier, daughter of Jean-Baptiste and Marie-Marguerite, in Pointe-Claire, Quebec on 13th June 1735 
- Joseph Lahaie, son of Jean and Madeleine, who married Suzanne Gautier, daughter of Jean-Baptiste and Marie-Marguerite, in Pointe-Claire, Quebec on 9th June 1736 
- Joseph Lahaie, son of Joseph and Suzanne, who married Marie-Élisabeth Chatillon, daughter of Jacques and Anne, in Saint-Laurent, Quebec on 9th January 1764 
- Ignace-Amable Lahaie, son of Jean-François and Marie, who married Marie-Thérèse Laniel, daughter of Jean-Baptiste and Françoise, in Sainte-Geneviève, Quebec on 8th February 1775 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lahaie (post 1700) +
- Ivan LaHaie, American electrical engineer with Integrity Applications, Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) in 2014
- Charles E. LaHaie, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Emmet District, 1954; Mayor of Cheboygan, Michigan, 1955-56 
- Brigitte Lahaie (b. 1955), stage name of Brigitte Vanmeerhaeghe, French radio talk show host and film actress, inducted into the XRCO Hall of Fame
- Kim Lahaie Richards, née Lahaie, an American drag racer and crew chief fromLansing, Michigan, 1987 Top-Fuel Crew Chief of the Year
Related Stories +
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 2, Institut Drouin, 1958.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html