on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French laflamme family come from? What is the French laflamme family crest and coat of arms? When did the laflamme family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the laflamme family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laflamme, La Flamme, Flamme, Flammarion, Flammeron, Leflammeron, Flamond, Flamand, Flamend, Flaman, Flamant, Flament, Flamont, Flamard, Flambard, Flamin, Flamion, Flame and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our laflamme research. Another 165 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1808 and 1811 are included under the topic Early laflamme History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 31 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early laflamme Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
laflamme Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- M. LaFlamme, a worker, who was living with his wife in New Orleans in 1725
- N. K. Laflamme was well-known in the political domain in Quebec, at the beginning of the 15th century
laflamme Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Rodolphe Laflamme, a lawyer, was a member of the Democratic Party in Quebec during the 1840's
- David LaFlamme (b. 1941), American virtuoso violinist in both classical and rock music
- Christian Laflamme (b. 1976), former Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman
- Lisa LaFlamme (b. 1964), Canadian television journalist
- Toussaint-Antoine-Rodolphe Laflamme (1827-1893), French-Canadian lawyer, professor of law and politician
- Ovide Laflamme (1925-1993), Liberal party member of the Canadian House of Commons
- J. Léo Kemner Laflamme (1893-1989), Liberal member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Napoléon Kemner Laflamme (1865-1929), Liberal party member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Joseph-Clovis-Kemner Laflamme (1849-1910), Canadian Roman Catholic priest, academic, and writer
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The laflamme Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The laflamme Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 January 2015 at 12:45.
on orders of $85 or more