at the seigneurie of Lacella near Falaise and were known as the Barons of Messie. Their estates were held from the Abbey of St.-Sauveur in Evreux, and the village, church, and manor all made their allegiance to this Abbey in 1154. The family was divided into two powerful branches, one of which accompanied Duke William of
in 1066. They were granted lands at Kirby and were represented by Roger Lacelles in 1130; Picot in 1139, Roger in 1165, later another Robert and Roger who was a
in 1295. Randolph Lacelles was head of the Horlsey branch and this descended to John Lacelles of Castle Howard.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lacelle research.Another 66 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lacelle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Lacelle, Lacelles, Lacels, Lacel, Lascelle, Lascelles, Celles and many more.