L'ecuyer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the L'ecuyer family
The surname L'ecuyer was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this distinguished family held a family seat in the region of Perche in southern Normandy, and were members of the aristocracy.
Early History of the L'ecuyer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our L'ecuyer research. Another 90 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1526, 1585, 1659, 1789, and 1824 are included under the topic Early L'ecuyer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
L'ecuyer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ecuyer, Ecuyier, Ecuyiere, Ecouyier, Ecouyiere, Ecuyot, Lecu, Lecuyot, Lécuyot, Lécuyer, Lecuyer, Lécuyier, Lecuyier, Lécuyiere, Lecuyiere, Lecouyier, Lecouyiere, Lescuyer, L'Ecuyer and many more.
Early Notables of the L'ecuyer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early L'ecuyer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
L'ecuyer World Ranking
In the United States, the name L'ecuyer is the 17,689th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Quebec, Canada, the name L'ecuyer is ranked the 545th most popular surname.  And in France, the name L'ecuyer is the 513rd popular surname with an estimated 8,803 people with that name. 
L'ecuyer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
L'ecuyer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gustave L'Ecuyer, aged 22, who landed in America from Marseilles, in 1904
- Charles L'Ecuyer, aged 58, who immigrated to the United States from Marseilles, France, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name L'ecuyer (post 1700) +
- Matthieu Lecuyer (b. 1980), French professional sports car racer from Bordeaux
- Jean Lécuyer, French track and field athlete at the 1900 Summer Olympics
- Léon Lécuyer (1855-1915), French bronze medalist sports shooter at the 1908 Summer Olympics
- Jean Lécuyer, French track and field athlete who competed at the 1900 Summer Olympics
- Charlotte L'Écuyer (1943-2021), Canadian politician, Member of the National Assembly of Quebec (2003-2014)
- Douglas J. "Doug" Lecuyer (b. 1958), retired Canadian professional NHL ice hockey forward
- Louis Lécuyer, Canadian politician, the first mayor of Messines, Quebec, (1921-1923), (1926-1927) and (1935-1937)
- Gerard Lecuyer (b. 1936), Canadian politician, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba from 1981 to 1988
- John L'Écuyer (b. 1966), Canadian film and television director
- Gerald L'Ecuyer (b. 1959), Canadian film and television director
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/