Knoch History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Knoch surname comes from the Old English word "cnocc," which meant a round topped hill. The surname may have been taken on by someone who lived at such a place, or may have come from one of several places called Knock, in Scotland and Northern England.
Early Origins of the Knoch family
The surname Knoch was first found in Renfrewshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Knoch family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Knoch research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1170, 1230, 1597, 1505, 1572, 1559, 1633, 1641, 1720, 1640, 1720, 1797 and are included under the topic Early Knoch History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Knoch Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Knox, Knock, Knocks and others.
Early Notables of the Knoch family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family name during their early history was John Knox (c.1505-1572), a Scottish religious reformer, a follower of John Calvin and the driving force behind the introduction and establishment of the Presbyterian church in Scotland; and...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Knoch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Knoch family to Ireland
Some of the Knoch family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 110 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Knoch migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Knoch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Herman Knoch, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1787 
Knoch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Knoch, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Kasper Knoch, who landed in Arkansas in 1880 
Contemporary Notables of the name Knoch (post 1700)
- Win G. Knoch, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1944 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html