Kirley History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Kirley surname is an Anglicization, derived from the Irish Gaelic "Mac Toirdhealbhaigh."
Early Origins of the Kirley family
The surname Kirley was first found in the Connacht counties of Galway and Roscommon (Irish: Ros Comáin) located in central Ireland in the province of Connacht, where the places names Ballymacurley and Curley's Island can be found. There is also legend in Ireland, that the name descends from Maolduin, the second son of the 164th Monarch of Ireland, who founded the clanns of Muldoon. Maolduin's great, great grandson was Clercen, whose name means "curly one." Clercen founded the Clan O'Cleircen, which anglicized is Curley or Curling.
Early History of the Kirley family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kirley research. Another 65 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 130 and 1305 are included under the topic Early Kirley History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kirley Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Corley, MacCorley, Curley, Curlee, Curling, Kirley, McKerley, McCurley, McCurly and many more.
Early Notables of the Kirley family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kirley Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Kirley migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kirley Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Patrick Kirley, aged 30, who landed in America from Limerick, in 1906
- John Kirley, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States from Luxand, Ireland, in 1909
- Thomas Kirley, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from Kilcoran, Ireland, in 1911
- Katie Kirley, aged 19, who immigrated to America from Wsyion, Ireland, in 1912
- Lawrence Kirley, aged 25, who landed in America from Monaghan Ireland, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Kirley (post 1700) ||+|
- Adam Kirley, American Screen Actors Guild Award nominated stuntman and actor, best known for his work on Batman Begins (2005), Casino Royale (2006) and The Bourne Ultimatium (2007)