The surname Kenefick came to Ireland with the Anglo- Norman invasion of the 12t century. The name itself is thought to have comes from a Welsh place-name and was at one time prefixed with the typical Norman "de."
The surname Kenefick was first found in the city of Dublin and the Leinster counties of Kilkenny, Kildare, and Louth. Four the past 400 years, the name has been associated with County Cork. The early ancestors of the family settled in these areas following their coming to Ireland with the Anglo- Norman invasion. The surname originally hails from Wales, specifically a Welsh place name that originally had the prefix "de."  Today Kenfig Hill is a village in Bridgend County, South Wales and it is from this locale that the family originated.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kenefick research. Another 21 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 171 and 1712 are included under the topic Early Kenefick History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.