Josey History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Josey family
The surname Josey was first found in Haddingtonshire, where they held a family seat in their territories. The Pictish influence on Scottish history diminished after Kenneth Macalpine became King of all Scotland. But those east coast families still played an important role in government and were more accessible to Government than their western highland counterparts.
Early History of the Josey family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Josey research. Another 111 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1636, 1720, 1689 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Josey History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Josey Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jossy, Jossie, Josey, Josie, Joussie, Joussey and others.
Early Notables of the Josey family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Josey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Josey is the 8,824th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Josey migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Josey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M Josey, aged 3, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1849 
- P Cipken Josey, aged 22, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1849 
- Joseph Josey, who arrived in Mississippi in 1855 
Josey migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Josey Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mr. James Josey, (b. 1821), aged 19, English woodsman who was convicted in Berkshire, England for 15 years for robbery, transported aboard the "Eden" on 8th July 1840, arriving in New South Wales, Australia, he died in 1902 
Contemporary Notables of the name Josey (post 1700) +
- Martha Josey (b. 1938), American former professional barrel racer and rodeo competitor
- Richard Josey (1840-1906), prominent mezzotint engraver in Victorian London
- Maurice Richard Josey (1870-1938), English mosaic artist
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Convict Records Voyages to Australia (Retrieved 20th October 2021). Retrieved from https://convictrecords.com.au/ships/eden