Jiminez History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Jiminez. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez."
Early Origins of the Jiminez family
The surname Jiminez was first found in Old Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
Early History of the Jiminez family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jiminez research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1101, 1246, 1170, 1247, 1355, 1435, 1390, 1423, 1436, 1517, 1462, 1505, 1499, 1510, 1533, 1568, 1569, 1666, 1729, 1601 and 1672 are included under the topic Early Jiminez History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jiminez Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jiménez, Jimenez, Giménez, Gimenez, Siménez, Simenez, Geméniz, Gemeniz, Jeméniz, Jemeniz, Ximénez, Ximenez, Gímez, Gimez, Jimeno and many more.
Early Notables of the Jiminez family (pre 1700)
Notable bearers of the family name Jiminez Garci Jiménez, a nobleman living in Toledo in 1101; noblemen Iñigo Ximénez de Lanclares and Martín Ximénez de Alava, witnesses to a document dated 1246; Rodrigo Jiménez de Rada (1170-1247), chronicler and historian to the Royal Court of Navarre; Pedro Jiménez de Segura, Ambassador of King James the Conqueror to the court of Granada in the late 13th century; Juan Ximénez (or Jiménez) Cerdán (c. 1355-1435), a fiscal and constitutional lawyer and legal theorist who served as the Justicia Mayor of the Kingdom of Aragon from 1390 until 1423; Cardinal Francisco Jiménez de Cisneros...
Another 128 words (9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Jiminez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jiminez migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Jiminez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M A Jiminez, aged 27, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- A Jiminez, aged 16, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1853 
- Alonso Jiminez, who landed in New Spain in 1885 
Contemporary Notables of the name Jiminez (post 1700) +
- Sarita Jiminez, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1980 
- Raul Jiminez, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1980 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html