on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Jimenez family come from? What is the Spanish Jimenez family crest and coat of arms? When did the Jimenez family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Jimenez family history?The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Jimenez. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jiménez, Jimenez, Giménez, Gimenez, Siménez, Simenez, Geméniz, Gemeniz, Jeméniz, Jemeniz, Ximénez, Ximenez, Gímez, Gimez, Jimeno and many more.
First found in Old Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jimenez research. Another 171 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1101, 1246, 1170, 1247, 1436 and 1517 are included under the topic Early Jimenez History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 181 words (13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Jimenez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco Jiménez, who emigrated to Chile in 1560
- María Jiménez, to Colombia in 1560
- Lorenzo Jiménez, to Mexico in 1560
- Juana Jiménez, to Nicaragua in 1561
- Simón Jiménez, to New Spain in 1561 with his wife Ana and children Simón and Juana
Jimenez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mari Jimenez, who arrived in America in 1811
- Juan Jimenez, who landed in America in 1812
- Blas Jimenez, who arrived in America in 1812
- Ana Jimenez, who landed in America in 1812
- Anton Jimenez, who arrived in America in 1812
- Ruben Jimenez Jr., American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2008
- Rebecca Jimenez, American politician, Mayor of Guadalupe, Arizona, 2013
- Michael A. Jimenez, American politician, Representative from New York 34th District, 1952
- Maria Jimenez, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 2004, 2008
- Margarita Jimenez, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 2000
- Guillermo Jimenez, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2012
- Elva Jimenez, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1984
- Jason Jimenez (b. 1976), American professional baseball player
- Juan Ramon Jimenez (1881-1958), Spanish poet, winner of the 1956 Nobel Prize for Literature
- Jerónimo Jiménez (1854-1923), Spanish composer
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
The Jimenez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Jimenez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 December 2015 at 02:02.
on orders of $85 or more