Illian History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The rich and ancient history of the Illian family name dates back to the time of the Anglo-Saxon tribes of Britain. It comes from the baptismal name Aylwin. The surname Illian referred to the son of Aylwin.
Early Origins of the Illian family
The surname Illian was first found in Kent, where they held a family seat from very early times.
Early History of the Illian family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Illian research. Another 57 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1273, 1502, and 1750 are included under the topic Early Illian History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Illian Spelling Variations
Spelling variations in names were a common occurrence before English spelling was standardized a few hundred years ago. In the Middle Ages, even the literate spelled their names differently as the English language incorporated elements of French, Latin, and other European languages. Many variations of the name Illian have been found, including Illing, Iling, Illings, Illin, Illins, Illen and many more.
Early Notables of the Illian family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Illian Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Illian migration to the United States +
Families began migrating abroad in enormous numbers because of the political and religious discontent in England. Often faced with persecution and starvation in England, the possibilities of the New World attracted many English people. Although the ocean trips took many lives, those who did get to North America were instrumental in building the necessary groundwork for what would become for new powerful nations. Among the first immigrants of the name Illian, or a variant listed above to cross the Atlantic and come to North America were :
Illian Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mety Illian, aged 17, who immigrated to the United States, in 1894
Illian Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Georg Illian, aged 19, who settled in America, in 1914
- Francois Illian, aged 16, who landed in America, in 1917
- Marie Illian, aged 26, who settled in America from Berlin, Germany, in 1921
- Heinrich Illian, aged 31, who landed in America from Worms, Germany, in 1923
- Irmgard Illian, aged 7, who immigrated to the United States from Worms, Germany, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +