Hymer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hymer family
The surname Hymer was first found in Cumberland, where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Armathwaite from very ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest of England by Duke William of Normandy in 1066 at the Battle of Hastings.
Early History of the Hymer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hymer research. Another 48 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1613, 1685, 1613, 1720, 1692, 1780, 1692, 1690, 1750 and 1716 are included under the topic Early Hymer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hymer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Highmore, Hyghmore, Hymore, Highmoor, Hymoor, Hyghmoor, Highmoore, Hyghmoore, Hymoore, Highmour, Hyghmoure, Hymour, Hymer, Highmer and many more.
Early Notables of the Hymer family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Nathaniel Highmore (1613-1685), English physician, son of Nathaniel Highmore, Rector of Candel-Purse, Dorsetshire, born at Fordingbridge, Hampshire, on 6 February 1613. 
Thomas Highmore (d. 1720), was Serjeant-Painter, the son of Abraham Highmore, and cousin of Nathaniel Highmore, M.D. [q. v.] He was created Serjeant-Painter to William III. 
Joseph Highmore (1692-1780), was an English painter, third son of Edward Highmore, a...
Another 68 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hymer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hymer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hymer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Gabriel Hymer, who settled in New Jersey in 1763
- Gabriel Hymer, who arrived in New Jersey in 1763 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hymer (post 1700) +
- Erwin Hymer (1930-2013), German businessman, founder of the motorhome manufacturer Hymer in 1958
Related Stories +
- ^ Smith, George (ed), Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1885-1900. Print
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)