and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Humm research.Another 111 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1490, 1506, 1516, 1549, 1575, 1566, 1619, 1633, 1615, 1666, 1674, 1687, 1706, 1671, 1698, 1797 and are included under the topic Early Humm History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
The name Humm, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Home, Hume, Humes and others.
Notable amongst the family name during their early history was Alexander Home, 1st Lord Home (d. 1490);Alexander Home, 2nd Lord Home (d. 1506); Alexander Home, 3rd Lord Home (d. 1516); George Home, 4th Lord Home (d. 1549); Alexander Home, 5th Lord Home (d. 1575); Alexander Home, 1st Earl of Home (c... Another 67 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Humm Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
The New World beckoned as many of the settlers in Ireland
, known as the Scotch/Irish, became disenchanted. They sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. Some called them, less romantically, the "coffin ships." Amongst the early settlers who could be considered kinsmen of the Humm family, or who bore a variation of the surname Humm were
Humm Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Henry J. Humm, aged 38, who arrived in America from Hampstead, England, in 1912
- Arthur James Humm, aged 25, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1913
- Louise Humm, aged 18, who arrived in America from Biebrich, Germany, in 1913
- Frank R. Humm, aged 41, who arrived in America from Maidenhead, England, in 1920
- Joseph Humm, aged 25, who arrived in America from Fulda, Germany, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)