Origins Available: English
Early Origins of the Humm family
The surname Humm was first found in Berwickshire
where they held a family seat
from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest
and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Early History of the Humm family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Humm research.Another 221 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1490, 1506, 1516, 1549, 1575, 1566, 1619, 1633, 1615, 1666, 1674, 1687, 1706, 1671, 1698, 1797 and are included under the topic Early Humm History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Humm Spelling Variations
The name Humm, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Home, Hume, Humes and others.
Early Notables of the Humm family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family name during their early history was Alexander Home, 1st Lord Home (d. 1490);Alexander Home, 2nd Lord Home (d. 1506); Alexander Home, 3rd Lord Home (d. 1516); George Home, 4th Lord Home (d. 1549); Alexander Home, 5th Lord Home (d. 1575); Alexander Home, 1st Earl of Home (c... Another 67 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Humm Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Humm family to Ireland
Some of the Humm family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 165 words (12 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Humm family to the New World and Oceana
The New World beckoned as many of the settlers in Ireland
, known as the Scotch/Irish, became disenchanted. They sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. Some called them, less romantically, the "coffin ships." Amongst the early settlers who could be considered kinsmen of the Humm family, or who bore a variation of the surname Humm were
Humm Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Henry J. Humm, aged 38, who arrived in America from Hampstead, England, in 1912
- Arthur James Humm, aged 25, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1913
- Louise Humm, aged 18, who arrived in America from Biebrich, Germany, in 1913
- Frank R. Humm, aged 41, who arrived in America from Maidenhead, England, in 1920
- Joseph Humm, aged 25, who arrived in America from Fulda, Germany, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Humm (post 1700)
- Andy Humm (b. 1953), American journalist, activist and currently co-host of TV news program Gay USA
- Daniel Humm (b. 1976), American chef and co-owner of Eleven Madison Park in New York City, recipient of three Michelin stars
- David Henry Humm (b. 1952), American former professional NFL football quarterback who played from 1975 to 1984
- Andrew J. Humm, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1984 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 5) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Jeremy Humm (b. 1983), former Australian rules footballer