on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Hinson family come from? What is the English Hinson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hinson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hinson family history?The name Hinson is tied to the ancient Anglo-Saxon culture of England. It comes from son of Hind.
Only recently has spelling become standardized in the English language. As the English language evolved in the Middle Ages, the spelling of names changed also. The name Hinson has undergone many spelling variations, including Hinson, Hineson, Hindson, Hyneson, Hynson and others.
First found in Yorkshire, where they held a family seat from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hinson research. Another 274 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1507, 1617, and 1673 are included under the topic Early Hinson History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Hinson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Hinson family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 132 words(9 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
To escape the unstable social climate in England of this time, many families boarded ships for the New World with the hope of finding land, opportunity, and greater religious and political freedom. Although the voyages were expensive, crowded, and difficult, those families that arrived often found greater opportunities and freedoms than they could have experienced at home. Many of those families went on to make significant contributions to the rapidly developing colonies in which they settled. Early North American records indicate many people bearing the name Hinson were among those contributors:
Hinson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Ralph Hinson, who arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1634
- John Hinson, who sailed to St. Christopher in 1635
- Jo Hinson, aged 21, landed in St Christopher in 1635
- William Hinson, who landed in Maryland in 1650
- Thomas Hinson, who landed in Maryland in 1651
Hinson Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Mary Hinson, who arrived in Virginia in 1714
- Oril Hinson, who landed in Virginia in 1714
- Ore Hinson, who arrived in Virginia in 1724
Hinson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Hinson came to Philadelphia in 1812
- Martin Hinson settled in Mobile, Alabama in 1852
- Martin Hinson, aged 28, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1852
- Andrew Hinson arrived in Arkansas in 1896
- Andrew Hinson, who arrived in Arkansas in 1896
Hinson Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mary Hinson, English convict from Lincoln, who was transported aboard the "Angelina" on April 25, 1844, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Australia
- Richard Hinson arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Stebonheath" in 1849
- Howard Hinson, American geologist, engineer and oil company executive
- Vanessa K Hinson MD, Ph.D., American Assistant Professor of Neurology at the Medical University of South Carolina
- John Hinson, award winning American pianist and composer
- David R. Hinson, American businessman, former head of Midway Airlines
- Darnell Hinson (b. 1980), American basketball player
- Larry Hinson (b. 1944), American PGA professional golfer
- Paul Hinson (1904-1960), American Major League Baseball player
- Barry Hinson (b. 1961), NCAA basketball coach
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Hinson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hinson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 November 2014 at 09:43.
on orders of $85 or more