on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Hetrick family come from? What is the German Hetrick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hetrick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hetrick family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hedrick, Hedrich, Heidenreich, Heydenreich, Heidenrich, Heidenrick, Heidrick, Heidrich, Hiedrich, Hiedrick, Heidrig and many more.
First found in Silesia where they held a family seat. Literal translation of the name places it as a 'Combatant Ruler' or sometimes a 'Heathland Ruler'. In the old German the name was 'Hadu-ric'. The family held considerable estates in Germany.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hetrick research. Another 190 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1790, 1803, and 1871 are included under the topic Early Hetrick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Hetrick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hetrick Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Margrett Hetrick, aged 3, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Catrina Hetrick, aged 3, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Coblin Hetrick, aged 40, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Cohan Henrich Hetrick, aged 2, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Elizabeth Hetrick, aged 35, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Jennifer Hetrick (b. 1958), American actress
- Glenn Hetrick, American actor and special effects makeup artist/designer
- W. Brady Hetrick, former Democratic member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Robert Hetrick (1769-1849), Scottish poet known for his patriotic verses written against Napoleon
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
The Hetrick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hetrick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 March 2015 at 13:49.
on orders of $85 or more