Helberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Helberg family
The surname Helberg was first found in Perthshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Pheairt) former county in the present day Council Area of Perth and Kinross, located in central Scotland, where the name is unquestionably derived from Albertus, from the Anglo Saxon Aethelbeort, the first being recorded as Albertus of Dundee about 1214 and succeeded by Cleopha Alberti in 1281. The affectation of the 'H' in front of the name did not arrive until the 15th century, and at this time the canting of the Arms for the name became associated with the pike-like weapon common amongst the Scottish/English Border Clans known as 'The Steel Bonnets' from the 13th century onward.
Early History of the Helberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Helberg research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1643, 1677, 1760, and 1789 are included under the topic Early Helberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Helberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Halbert, Halpert, Halberdyne, Halberdyn, Hallbert and many more.
Early Notables of the Helberg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Helberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Helberg migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Helberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- C.O. Helberg, aged 48, who settled in America, in 1895
- Ellin Helberg, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
Helberg Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Helberg, aged 25, who landed in America, in 1905
- Fred Helberg, aged 19, who immigrated to America, in 1910
- Arthur Helberg, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States, in 1921
- Frans Helberg, aged 35, who landed in America, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Helberg (post 1700) +
- Simon Maxwell Helberg (b. 1980), American actor, comedian, and musician, best known for playing Howard Wolowitz in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory (2007–2019), for which he won the Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
- George E. Helberg, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Wisconsin 4th District, 1946 
Related Stories +