Headrick History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Headrick family
The surname Headrick was first found in Angus (Gaelic: Aonghas), part of the Tayside region of northeastern Scotland, and present day Council Area of Angus, formerly known as Forfar or Forfarshire, where they held a family seat in their territories. The Pictish influence on Scottish history diminished after Kenneth Macalpine became King of all Scotland. But those east coast families still played an important role in government and were more accessible to Government than their western highland counterparts. Later they held a family seat at Dunbar in the 15th century.
Important Dates for the Headrick family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Headrick research. Another 91 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1672 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Headrick History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Headrick Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hedderwick, Hetherwick, Heatherwick, Hedderick, Hethirwick, Hatherwick, Hatherick, Henderwick, Henderweck, Headrick, Hetherig and many more.
Early Notables of the Headrick family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Headrick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Headrick migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Headrick Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Headrick Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- William Headrick, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1761 
- Yost Headrick, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1761 
Headrick Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- David Headrick, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1823 
Contemporary Notables of the name Headrick (post 1700)
- Sherrill Headrick (1937-2008), American college and AFL professional football player
- David Rodger Headrick, American politician, Representative from New Jersey 2nd District, 1996 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html