Gouldson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gouldson family
The surname Gouldson was first found in the Domesday Book of 1086 where there are two listings of the family: Goldstan in Kent, and Goilstan in Essex. 
These two counties figured prominently for the family. Wulfric filius Goldston was listed in the Pipe Rolls for Kent in 1180, Richard Golstan was a Knights Templar in Essex in 1185, and John de Goldeston was in the Feet of Fines for Essex in 1312.
The Assize Rolls for Bedfordshire including a listing of Walter Goldstan in 1202 and later the Curia Regis Rolls had another listing of the same person in 1214. In Devon, Robert Goldstone was listed there in 1312. 
According to the voice of tradition, the family held Goldstone Manor at Ash, Kent but records of that manor have been lost.
Early History of the Gouldson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gouldson research. Another 157 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1524, 1523, 1733, 1797, 1572, 1632, 1636, 1684, 1679, 1760, 1816, 1808, 1816 and 1812 are included under the topic Early Gouldson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gouldson Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gouldston, Goulston, Goldston, Goulston, Goulson, Gouldson, Goldson, Golstone, Gouldstone, Gulston, Guldston, Gulson, Gulderson, Goolston and many more.
Early Notables of the Gouldson family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Theodore Goulston or Gulston (1572-1632), English physician, son of William Goulston, rector of Wymondham, Leicestershire.
William Gulston (1636-1684), was an English clergyman, Bishop of Bristol from 1679; and...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gouldson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gouldson migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gouldson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Mary Gouldson, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1634
- Henery Gouldson and his wife Anne Gouldston, who arrived in New England in 1634 aboard the "Elizabeth" from Ipswich
- Anne Gouldson, aged 18, who landed in New England in 1634 
- Hen Gouldson, who arrived in New England in 1634 
- Henery Gouldson, aged 43, who landed in America in 1634 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Gouldson Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- William Gouldson, an emigrant in bondage, who settled in Virginia in 1730
Related Stories +
- ^ Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds., Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8)
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)