Goodhand History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Goodhand family
The surname Goodhand was first found in Lincolnshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire.
Important Dates for the Goodhand family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goodhand research. Another 147 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1550, 1455, 1487, 1172 and 1652 are included under the topic Early Goodhand History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goodhand Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Goodhand, Goodhan, Gudhand, Guidhand, Cudhand, Coodhand, Goodhant and many more.
Early Notables of the Goodhand family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Goodhand Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Goodhand family to Ireland
Some of the Goodhand family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goodhand migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Goodhand Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Christopher Goodhand, who arrived in Maryland in 1642
- Christopher Goodhand, who arrived in Maryland in 1672 
- Jone Goodhand, who settled in Virginia in 1688
Contemporary Notables of the name Goodhand (post 1700)
- Phillip Goodhand -Tait (b. 1945), English singer-songwriter, record producer and keyboard player
- Margo Goodhand, Canadian editor-in-chief of the Winnipeg Free Press
- Jeniffer Goodhand, American author
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)