Golson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Golson family
The surname Golson was first found in the Domesday Book of 1086 where there are two listings of the family: Goldstan in Kent, and Goilstan in Essex. 
These two counties figured prominently for the family. Wulfric filius Goldston was listed in the Pipe Rolls for Kent in 1180, Richard Golstan was a Knights Templar in Essex in 1185, and John de Goldeston was in the Feet of Fines for Essex in 1312.
The Assize Rolls for Bedfordshire including a listing of Walter Goldstan in 1202 and later the Curia Regis Rolls had another listing of the same person in 1214. In Devon, Robert Goldstone was listed there in 1312. 
According to the voice of tradition, the family held Goldstone Manor at Ash, Kent but records of that manor have been lost.
Early History of the Golson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Golson research. Another 157 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1524, 1523, 1733, 1797, 1572, 1632, 1636, 1684, 1679, 1760, 1816, 1808, 1816 and 1812 are included under the topic Early Golson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Golson Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gouldston, Goulston, Goldston, Goulston, Goulson, Gouldson, Goldson, Golstone, Gouldstone, Gulston, Guldston, Gulson, Gulderson, Goolston and many more.
Early Notables of the Golson family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Theodore Goulston or Gulston (1572-1632), English physician, son of William Goulston, rector of Wymondham, Leicestershire.
William Gulston (1636-1684), was an English clergyman, Bishop of Bristol from 1679; and...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Golson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Golson is the 14,897th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Golson migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Golson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Grisell Golson, who landed in Maryland in 1650 
- Matthew Golson, who arrived in Maryland in 1650 
- Sarah Golson, who landed in Maryland in 1650 
Golson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carrie Golson, who immigrated to the United States, in 1911
- Etty Golson, aged 14, who landed in America from Yarmouth, England, in 1912
- Fanny Golson, aged 36, who immigrated to America from Yarmouth, England, in 1912
- Hyman Golson, aged 16, who landed in America from Yarmouth, England, in 1912
- Polly Golson, aged 11, who settled in America from Yarmouth, England, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Golson (post 1700) +
- Everett Golson (b. 1993), American football quarterback for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Barry Golson, American editor, journalist, and author, recipient of the Lowell Thomas Travel Writing Award (2004)
- Gregory Joseph Golson (b. 1985), American Major League Baseball outfielder for the Chicago White Sox
- Benny Golson (b. 1929), American bebop/hard bop jazz tenor saxophonist, composer, and arranger, recipient of the International Academy of Jazz Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award (2007)
- H. R. Golson, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Alabama, 1908 
- Gerald E. Golson, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Alabama, 1964 
- Jack Golson (b. 1926), English archaeologist, best known for his work in Melanesia, Polynesia and Micronesia
- Ruffin Golson Pleasant (1871-1937), American politician, 36th Governor of Louisiana from 1916–1920
Related Stories +
- ^ Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds., Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8)
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html