Garriga History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Garriga family
The surname Garriga was first found in Languedoc where this distinguished family held a family seat from ancient times.
Early History of the Garriga family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Garriga research. Another 318 words (23 lines of text) covering the years 1380, 1635, 1722, 1761, 1772, 1793, and 1800 are included under the topic Early Garriga History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Garriga Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Garrigou, Garigou, Garrigoux, Garrigu, Garrigues, Garrigous, Garrigoud, Garrigoude, Garigous, Garigoud, Garigoude, Carrigou, Carigou, Carrigoux, Carrigu, Carrigous, Carrigoud, Carrigoude, Carigous, Carigoud, Carigoude, Garigu, Garigoux, Garriga, Gariga, Carriga and many more.
Early Notables of the Garriga family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Garriga Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Garriga migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Garriga Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jaime Garriga, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1813 
- Antonio Garriga, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1815 
- Ramon Garriga, aged 40, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816 
- Jose Garriga, aged 16, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1816 
- Tomas Garriga, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1823 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Garriga (post 1700) +
- Pere Tena Garriga (1928-2014), Catalan Roman Catholic bishop
- Joan Garriga Vilaresau (1963-2015), Spanish Grand Prix motorcycle road racer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)