Galea History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Galea family
The surname Galea was first found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of the Rhone and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Galea family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Galea research.Another 128 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 160 and 1609 are included under the topic Early Galea History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Galea Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Galet, Gallet, Galey, Gallet, Galley, Galetin, Galletin, Galeton, Galton, Gallette and many more.
Early Notables of the Galea family (pre 1700)
Another 22 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Galea Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Galea family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Galea Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Domenico Galea, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Domenico Galea, aged 22, who landed in America from Sidemo, in 1903
- Agostino Galea, aged 46, who landed in America from Malte, English Colony, in 1913
- Antonia Galea, aged 30, who settled in America from London, England, in 1919
- Arcangelo Galea, aged 26, who landed in America from Cittanova, Italy, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Galea (post 1700)
- John Galea (b. 1987), British based singer-songwriter
- James Galea, Australian magician and actor
- Paul Galea, Australian former rugby league player
- Emanuel Galea (1891-1974), Maltese bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- Aloisio Galea (1851-1905), Maltese theologian and minor philosopher
- Danny Galea (b. 1983), Australian professional rugby league player
- Anthony Galea (b. 1959), Canadian sports medicine specialist
- Angelo Galea (b. 1976), retired Maltese professional footballer
- Michael Galea (b. 1979), Maltese footballer
- John Galea (b. 1987), British singer-songwriter
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Galea Family Crest Products