Flamm History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Flamm family
The surname Flamm was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family held a family seat since ancient times. However, some of the family were part of the Norman Conquest of England as early records of Bishop's Middleham, Durham revealed. "This place is of considerable antiquity: its church was given in 1146 to the convent of Durham, by Osbert, nephew of Bishop Ralph Flambard; and soon afterwards, the manor appears to have been conveyed to the see of Durham, the bishops of which resided here, up to the end of the 14th century. Their castle was situated on a lofty brow of limestone, overlooking the marshy level of the Skerne." 
Important Dates for the Flamm family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Flamm research. Another 82 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1808 and 1811 are included under the topic Early Flamm History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Flamm Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laflamme, La Flamme, Flamme, Flammarion, Flammeron, Leflammeron, Flamond, Flamand, Flamend, Flaman, Flamant, Flament, Flamont, Flamard, Flambard, Flamin, Flamion, Flame and many more.
Early Notables of the Flamm family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Flamm Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Flamm migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Flamm Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Valentine Flamm, who arrived in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1831 
- Nicholas Flamm, who landed in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1838 
- Adolph Flamm, aged 36, who immigrated to America, in 1895
- Baruch Flamm, aged 0, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
- Channe Flamm, aged 16, who landed in America, in 1895
Flamm Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alexander Flamm, who landed in America, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Flamm (post 1700)
- Henry Flamm, American politician, Mayor of Rexburg, Idaho, 1903-04 
- Albert Flamm (1823-1906), German landscape painter
You May Also Like
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 4) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html