Edwert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Welsh surname Edwert was derived from the personal name Edward. This name is in turn derived from the Old English forename "Eadweard," which literally means "prosperity-guard." 
Early Origins of the Edwert family
The surname Edwert was first found in Denbighshire (Welsh: Sir Ddinbych), a historic county in Northeast Wales, where they held a family seat from very ancient times. They claim descent from Einion Efell, Lord of Cynlleth, living in 1182, son of Madoc, Prince of Powys, who built Oswestry Castle in 1148.
His father was Madog ap Maredudd who died in 1160 and was the last Prince of the entire Kingdom of Powys, Wales.
"Edwards of Nanhoron descends from one of the royal tribes of Wales through Sir Griffith Lloyd and Sir Howell y Fwyallt; Edwards of Ness Strange descends from Einion Effel, lord of Cynllaeth, co. Montgomery, 1182; Edwards of Old-Court, co. Wicklow, claims from Roderick the Great, king of all Wales in 843, through his younger son, Tudwall Gloff or "the lame," whose descendants settled in Ireland in the XVII. century." 
Early History of the Edwert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Edwert research. Another 202 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1283, 1597, 1776, 1605, 1656, 1629, 1712, 1686, 1712, 1615, 1681, 1636, 1648, 1664, 1679, 1652, 1721, 1396, 1751, 1832, 1784, 1808, 1808, 1815, 1620 and are included under the topic Early Edwert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Edwert Spelling Variations
There are relatively few surnames native to Wales, but they have an inordinately large number of spelling variations. Early variations of Welsh surnames can be explained by the fact that very few people in the early Middle Ages were literate. Priests and the few other literate people were responsible for recording names in official documents. And because most people could not specific how to properly record their names it was up to the individual recorder of that time to determine how a spoken name should be recorded. Variations due to the imprecise or improper recording of a name continued later in history when names originally composed in the Brythonic Celtic, language of Wales, known by natives as Cymraeg, were transliterated into English. Welsh names that were documented in English often changed dramatically since the native language of Wales, which was highly inflected, did not copy well. Occasionally, however, spelling variations were carried out according to an individual's specific design: a branch loyalty within the family, a religious adherence, or even patriotic affiliations could be indicated by minor variations. The spelling variations of the name Edwert have included Edwards, Edward, Edwardes and others.
Early Notables of the Edwert family (pre 1700)
Prominent amongst the family during the late Middle Ages was John Edwards (c.1605-1656), a Welsh Anglican priest and translator; Jonathan Edwards (1629-1712), Welsh theologian and Principal of Jesus College, Oxford from 1686 to...
Migration of the Edwert family to Ireland
Some of the Edwert family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Migration of the Edwert family
Many Welsh families joined their Scottish and Irish neighbors during the late 1800s and early 1900s in seeking refuge in North America. Like the Irish and Scottish, many Welsh anxiously awaited the work, freedom, and opportunities that they believed lay in North America. Those who did journey over to the United States and what became known as Canada often realized those dreams, but only through much toil and perseverance. Whenever and however these Welsh immigrants arrived in North America, they were instrumental in the creation of the industry, commerce, and cultural heritage within those two developing nations. In the immigration and passenger lists a number of early immigrants bearing the name Edwert were found: Old Edward who arrived at Jamestown, Virginia in 1607; John Edward who settled in Virginia in 1699; Richard Edward, who settled in St. Christopher in 1633.