Eagleton History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Eagleton family
The surname Eagleton was first found in Durham. Egglestone Abbey is a former Premonstratensian Abbey on the southern Yorkshire bank of the River Tees, now in ruins.
Early History of the Eagleton family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eagleton research. Another 194 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1260, 1581, 1603, 1623, 1610 and 1623 are included under the topic Early Eagleton History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eagleton Spelling Variations
The name Eagleton, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Eagleton, Eaglestone, Eglestone, Egglestone and many more.
Early Notables of the Eagleton family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eagleton Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Eagleton family to Ireland
Some of the Eagleton family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eagleton migration to Canada +
The New World beckoned as many of the settlers in Ireland, known as the Scotch/Irish, became disenchanted. They sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. Some called them, less romantically, the "coffin ships." Amongst the early settlers who could be considered kinsmen of the Eagleton family, or who bore a variation of the surname Eagleton were
Eagleton Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Joseph Eagleton, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1749
Eagleton migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Eagleton Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Daniel Eagleton, English convict from London, who was transported aboard the "Adelaide" on August 08, 1849, settling in Van Diemen's Land and Port Phillip, Australia 
Contemporary Notables of the name Eagleton (post 1700) +
- Florence Peshine Eagleton (1870-1956), American leader in the woman suffrage movement and advocated women's higher education, eponym of the Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers University
- William Lester Eagleton Jr. (1926-2011), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Syria, 1984-88 
- W. L. Eagleton, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Oklahoma Territory, 1904 
- Thomas Francis Eagleton (1929-2007), American Democrat politician, Lieutenant Governor of Missouri, 1965-69; U.S. Senator from Missouri, 1969-87; Nominee for Vice President of the United States 1972 
- Richard Ernest Eagleton (b. 1930), American Democrat politician, Candidate for Circuit Judge in Illinois, 1963; U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Illinois, 1965-69 
- Leander O. Eagleton, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Illinois 16th District, 1918 
- John T. Eagleton, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly, 1906-09 
- J. C. Eagleton, American politician, Circuit Judge in Illinois 2nd Circuit, 1919-25 
- Terry Eagleton (b. 1943), English literary critic and philosopher teaching at the University of Manchester
- Stephen Eagleton (b. 1976), retired Australian association football player from Sydney, New South Wales
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +